Conditions of aerodrome and TIZ1/TIZ2 airspace use
Information on the use of the TIZ1/TIZ2 airspaces at Hévíz-Balaton Airport in Sármellék.
We would like to draw your attention to the importance of complying with the legal requirements for the use of the TIZ1/TIZ2 airspaces in order to guarantee the highest possible level of flight safety.
The legal background in brief:
Annex 1 of the Joint Decree 26/2007 (III. 1.) GKM-HM-KvVM on the designation of Hungarian airspace for air traffic contains the classification of airspace in Hungary.
Section III, point 1 of Annex 2 contains the class and coordinates of the TIZ airspaces, and point 5 of the same section contains the RMZs/TMZs, which show that the TIZ1 and TIZ2 airspace of Hévíz-Balaton Airport in Sármellék is classified as class G airspace, where the use of radio equipment and transponder is mandatory in H24.
In Class G airspace as defined in Annex 1:
- For uncontrolled airspace between 4000 ft (1200 m) and 9500 ft (2900 m) AMSL and designated TIZs, continuous two-way radio contact shall be maintained with the ATS unit, except for unpowered aircraft, excluding cloud flying with gliders, and local flights not leaving the TIZ airspace, if no RMZ is designated in the TIZ;
- it is mandatory to file a flight plan, except for local flights not leaving the TIZ airspace and unpowered aircrafts, excluding gliders in cloud.
The submission, cancellation and modification of the flight plan are governed by Chapter III of the NFM Decree 56/2016 (XII. 22.) on the Rules for the Implementation of Flights in the Airspace and Airports of Hungary. This legislation also confirms that, in addition to the requirements set out in subpoint b) of point SERA.4001 of Section 4 of the Annex to the SERA Regulation, a flight plan must be submitted for flights arriving at, departing from or crossing airspace at airports with TIZs, except for unpowered aircraft and local flights in TIZs, which must be submitted for the part of the flight within the TIZ area, regardless of the published operating hours of the airport flight information service. VFR aircraft not equipped with radio equipment shall avoid TIZs when conducting en-route flights. The requirements for radio equipment and transponder are detailed in Chapter 11 of the Regulation. According to Chapter 13 of the Regulation (not exhaustive):
- If an AFIS unit is operating at the destination aerodrome, the VFR aircraft equipped with a radio shall establish radio contact with the AFIS unit at least 5 minutes before crossing the TIZ boundary.
- The aircraft shall approach, land at and depart from the aerodrome taking into account the instructions of the AFIS unit.
- In the case of an aircraft waiting on the ground for departure or at the boundary of the TIZ, the VFR aircraft shall, on the advice of the AFIS unit, hold at aerodromes where instrument approach procedures may be conducted, if holding is necessary for the safety of an IFR aircraft conducting an instrument approach.
In the light of the above, when operating in the TIZ1/TIZ2 airspace of Sármellék, we ask you to:
- Obtain NOTAMs, operating airspace information, weather information prior to flight (NOTAMs e.g.: https://www.rocketroute.com/airports/europe-eu/hungary-hu/notam-sarmellekbalaton-lhsm.html ; airspace information: https://www.hungarocontrol.hu/legterfelhasznalasi-terv , phone: +36-1-296-9258, meteorological information e.g. https://aviation.met.hu/index2.php?lng=hu , with free limited access to METAR, SPECI, TAF telegrams from all domestic airports; GAMET Area Forecast and AIRMET, SIGMET warning telegrams; Weather Information; and Observation charts are available, or e.g. https://en.allmetsat.com/metar-taf/europe.php?icao=LHSM)
- use the radio equipment and the (operational!) transponder, which must be switched to its highest mode (mode C) before departure;
- submit a flight plan in accordance with the regulations (e.g. using NetBriefing, SkyDemon applications or by telephone to ARO on +36 1 2934310; see also www.netbriefing.hu );
- contact the tower on the 134,585 CH communication frequency or by mobile phone +36 70 609 9073 before entering the TIZ or departure;
- wait at the TIZ boundary/ground if necessary to ensure the safety of IFR aircraft. If no radio contact can be established, you MUST wait at the TIZ boundary, do not enter! Protection of IFR traffic is a priority. This includes IFR training aircrafts with an IFR flight plan, as they are not able to maintain own separation due to the nature of the task;
- take full account of the information received from the AFIS unit and to cooperate;
- to close the flight plan after landing. This can be done by phone, via an application. Balaton Info AFIS only closes the flight plan of aircrafts that have landed at Hévíz-Balaton Airport;
- It is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN to use the airport beyond the published operating hours of the airport!
If we see a breach of the above laws by anyone, we will report the incident. Reporting is mandatory in accordance with the Regulation (EU) No 376/2014 on the reporting, analysis and follow-up of occurrences in civil aviation, amending Regulation (EU) No 996/2010 of the European Parliament and of the Council and repealing Directive 2003/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and Commission Regulations (EC) No 1321/2007 and (EC) No 1330/2007:
- events related to air navigation services and equipment, such as:
- collisions, near-collisions or potential collisions;
- specific events related to air traffic management and air navigation services (ATM/ANS);
- ATM/ANS related operational occurrences.
Thank you for your cooperation, in case of questions please do not hesitate to contact us at any of the contact details provided.